Check out the latest news from the red-hot Calgary real estate market!
Five Condos for less than $200,000 - Calgary Herald
For all you renters still sitting on the fence about buying a house, you have no excuse. Here are five condos in popular Calgary communities, priced under $200,000!
- Legacy Park in the Legacy: Priced from $189,900, two bedrooms, two bath and 691 square feet.
- Orchard Sky: Priced from $188,000, one bedroom, one bath and a den and 645 square feet.
- Auburn Walk in Auburn Bay: Priced from $192,900, two bedroom, one bath and 572 square feet.
- Origins at Cranston: The Aspen is priced from $190,000, has one bedroom, one bath with spacious kitchens and stainless steel appliances.
- Newport in Canals Landing, Airdrie: Garden homes priced from $180,000, has one bedroom, one bath and 750 square foot.
Illegal Secondary Suites Huge Selling Strategy- CBC News
Many homes have several bedrooms on two different floors that could actually be split into a separate suite. But, even though they have a completely separate entrance, don't meet the city zoning guidelines and is labeled as an "illegal suite." It's become a hot selling strategy to include these suites with the other features of the home, in an attempt to appeal to buyers looking for a house with a second income. It's especially effective when the apartment is already being rented out and providing an income. Heck, who couldn't use a mortgage helper these days.
Calgary Buyers are in the Driver's Seat - 660 News
Not officially a buyer's market, but with more and more homes being put up for sale, and sale volume down 28 percent from a year ago, the market definitely favours buyers. It's never been a better time to buy a home in Calgary.
Now's the Time to Buy a Home in Fort McMurray - Financial Post
Not really about Calgary, but we thought this piece was worth a mention. The average house in Fort McMurray has lost 20% or $117,000 of it's value in the last year. The loss of jobs due to the slumping oil prices has just pummelled the market. Not only was Alberta hit hard, but Saskatchewan as well saw declines of over 21%.
Ryan MacDonald, B.Sc. Real Estate Professional
Million Dollar Club Member
Top 1% Real Estate Professional in Calgary
O: 403.278.2900; F: 403.592.8008